Sankt Blasien in the Black Forest is best known for its Dome of St Blasius. The dome was completed in 1781 as replacement of the abbey church which burnt down in 1768. The existence of the abbey was confirmed in the 11th century but is believed to be older. Through the centuries the abbey underwent many changes and even became a machine factory after secularisation in 1806. Since 1934 the main buildings have been occupied by a Jesuit college.