The Swan House Island with the Swan House and the wooden bridge. Viewing paths stretch through the English garden and partly through the baroque garden providing beautiful viewpoints and landscape vistas.
Only a few of all the romantic buildings that were planned for the English garden were completed
Copies of ancient marble statues are found at a number of locations in the park. The originals were purchased by Gustav III during his journey to Italy in 1783-84.
The intention was to provide beautiful surprises amongst the foliage or a visual endpoint from a distance.
View More »