0 Likes

Fedulova square at night
Copyright: Dmitry O Belov
Type: Spherical
Resolution: 15556x7778
Taken: 21/05/2013
Uploaded: 22/05/2013
Updated: 06/10/2014
Views:

...


Tags: square; night; people; fountain
comments powered by Disqus

Shusharin-EDA
Торговый центр Oasis в Вологде
Shusharin-EDA
Vologda Russian House
Dmitry Levin
Bridge of lovers
Алексей Попов
Vologda Kremlin 2
Shusharin-EDA
Vologda Kremlin
parusnik parusnik
горка вологда
Dmitry Levin
Chapel in the honor of Nativity of Christ
Dmitry Plavkov
Kremlin Square. Vologda
dmitry-o-belov
Maslenitsa hill
Shusharin-EDA
Vologda
Aleksy Kirilovskiy
Kremlin Square
Alexey Yuzhakov
Kremlin area
Willy Kaemena
Hot Air Balloon
Bernd Dohrmann - www.360Bilder.de
Cap de Formentor - Mallorca
Richard Chesher
Shini Beach Mare Loyalty Islands
Walker Young
The Main Stadium
Toni Garbasso
Piazza Indipendenza
Simona Bartolomei
Ponte del Diavolo
Ronald Tichelaar
Orchid Nursery "De Orchideeën Hoeve"
yunzen liu
Beidaihe-Beach Resort
Toni Garbasso
Fosse Ardeatine
Richard Chesher
Fete Avocat Market Mare
Igor Marx
Excalibur 08 hannover
Markus Ortner
Maltabergeralm Restaurant
dmitry-o-belov
Spaso-Prilutskiy Dmitriev monastery. Point 1.
dmitry-o-belov
The coast of Lake Onega
dmitry-o-belov
Sizma. Church of St. Nicholas.
dmitry-o-belov
The House Of Tsar Peter The Great
dmitry-o-belov
Church of Elijah the Prophet
dmitry-o-belov
Spaso-Prilutskiy Dmitriev monastery. Point 3.
dmitry-o-belov
r.Vologda. Spring tide.
dmitry-o-belov
Road to Ozerki. Winter.
dmitry-o-belov
Thunderstorm in may
dmitry-o-belov
On the shore of the swamp
dmitry-o-belov
Miraculous Spring
dmitry-o-belov
Holy spring near the chapel.
More About

Vologda was first mentioned in Novgorod chronicles for 1147, when Saint Gerasimus found a church and village already standing there. Surrounded by impassable woods, the settlement was inhabited by Novgorodians who pulled the ships from a tributary of theVolga to a tributary of the Northern Dvina, thus making possible navigation from the White Sea to the Caspian. In 1273 the city was ravaged by a Mongol raid. It was not until 1412, when the area was ceded by Novgorod Republic to Muscovy, that the town acquired any measure of importance. The princes of Muscovy made Vologda their outpost in the North. By the end of the century, Vologda eclipsed the ancient centre of that region, Belozersk. Its commercial importance further increased when the Muscovy Company started its operations in Russia.