The Hospital Steward's House was built in 1900 and stands next to the historic 3-story Hospital at Fort Flagler. This furnished vacation rental has two bedrooms, living and dining areas and bath. Located on the Grand Parade Ground, the house is within walking distance of beaches, park museum and historic sites.
Fort Flagler was established on the north end of Marrowstone Island in 1897. Along with Forts Casey and Worden, Fort Flagler helped defend Admiralty Inlet, the vital passage to the Bremerton Naval Shipyard and ports in Seattle & Tacoma.
Today Fort Flagler State Park maintains the same borders as the original fort, with hiking trails, beaches, camping, museum, 5 vacation houses, retreat center and 10 historic gun batteries open for public exploration.