0 Likes

Gerichtslaube Park Babelsberg
Copyright: Volker Uhl
Type: Spherical
Resolution: 12076x6038
Taken: 19/10/2013
Uploaded: 19/10/2013
Updated: 14/08/2014
Views:

...


Tags: gerichtslaube; park babelsberg; potsdam
comments powered by Disqus

Dirk Wandel
Cologne Cathedral
Bill Edwards
Bottom of Launch Pit, SR 99 Tunnel Project, Seattle, WA
Branimir Minkov
Sunset over Danube near ancient Ratiaria
Jürgen Matern
Marble Courtyard in the Castle of Versailles
Fritz Hanke
Backyard in Copenhagen
Catedral de la Almudena de Madrid 2
Bill Edwards
Northern Edge of Bored Tunnel, SR 99 Tunnel Project, Seattle, WA
Marco Maier
Sony Center Berlin
Jeffrey Martin
Most Legii - Malostranske Nabrezi - Vitezna. Aerial 360º Photo 70m elevation
Ilya Yakunin
Abandoned church in s.Trestna
AYRTON
Pavao Pavaozinho 22 980728 43 195602
Aviles Calle de La Ferreria
Volker Uhl
Palaepaphos Site Kouklia
Volker Uhl
Ribeira Quente - Sao Miguel
Volker Uhl
Mainufer Holbeinsteg
Volker Uhl
Pico do Boi
Volker Uhl
Applecross
Volker Uhl
Cha Gorreana
Volker Uhl
Santa Cruz de Tenerife
Volker Uhl
Northeim Theater der Nacht
Volker Uhl
Nikolai-Kirche Potsdam
Volker Uhl
Parque Garcia Sanabrina Santa Cruz de Tenerife
Volker Uhl
Glienicker Bruecke Potsdam 2
Volker Uhl
Emden
More About

Created on a hill called Babelsberg along the banks of the Havel River, the 124 hectare, landscaped park was commissioned by Prince William and his wife Augusta.It was originally laid out by Peter Joseph Lenné in 1833 and was redesigned by Prince von Pückler-Muskau in 1842-67. Terraces with mosaics, ornamental flowerbeds, sculpture and fountains are grouped around the Babelsberg Palace. The terraces are connected to a pleasure ground with the Golden Rose Garden, to a round flowerbed at the Gothic Fountain, and to flower arrangements enclosed by colorful clay bricks. Walking paths offer scenic views of the Havel lakes and the Potsdam city skyline, which led to the construction of the Flatow Tower from 1853-56. The park has been protected by historic preservation since the 1960s. After the fall of the Berlin Wall, the area along the water to the north was restored and integrated into the park.