Projections and Nav Modes
  • Normal View
  • Fisheye View
  • Architectural View
  • Stereographic View
  • Little Planet View
  • Panini View
Click and Drag / QTVR mode
Share this panorama
(This panorama is not available for embedding)
For Non-Commercial Use Only
This panorama can be embedded into a non-commercial site at no charge. Read more
Do you agree to the Terms & Conditions?
For commercial use, contact us
Embed this Panorama
For Non-Commercial Use Only
For commercial use, contact us
License this Panorama

Enhances advertising, editorial, film, video, TV, Websites, and mobile experiences.



Sunset over the Necropolis

The site of the Glasgow Necropolis, which overlooks the city, was acquired by the Merchant's House in 1650 from the estate of Wester Craigs. As it was too rocky, Scots Firs were planted and it was originally called Fir Park. In 1828, it was agreed to convert the park into a Necropolis. A competition for cemetery designs was held in 1831, and in 1832 Glasgow Necropolis saw its first burial. There have been 50000 burials and there are 3500 tombs. In 1966, the Necropolis was given to the city council.

Copyright: Daniel Oi
Type: Spherical
Resolution: 6000x3000
Taken: 03/12/2009
Uploaded: 03/12/2009
Updated: 03/03/2015


Tags: glasgow; necropolis
comments powered by Disqus
More About Scotland