Glienicker Brücke
Share
mail
loading...
Loading ...

Panoramic photo by André Stiebitz Taken 12:00, 20/03/2013 - Views loading...

Advertisement

Glienicker Brücke

The World > Europe > Germany

  • Like / unlike
  • thumbs up
  • thumbs down
comments powered by Disqus

Nearby images in http://www.360cities.net/area/park-babelsberg-potsdam-brandenburg-germany

map

A: Gotische Fontaene Park Babelsberg

by Volker Uhl, 170 meters away

Gotische Fontaene Park Babelsberg

B: Schloss Babelsberg

by André Stiebitz, 180 meters away

Schloss Babelsberg

C: Glienicker Bruecke Park Babelsberg

by Volker Uhl, 190 meters away

Glienicker Bruecke Park Babelsberg

D: castle babelsberg - Potsdam - Germany

by Lars Gabrysch, 190 meters away

Babelsberg Castle Park Babelsberg Potsdam Germany 22.09.2010

castle babelsberg - Potsdam - Germany

G: Behind the castle babelsberg - Potsdam - Germany

by Lars Gabrysch, 250 meters away

Castle Babelsberg Park Babelsberg Potsdam Germany 22.09.2010 Canon EOS 20D-IR 700nmSigma DC 18-50mm 3...

Behind the castle babelsberg - Potsdam - Germany

J: Bildstoeckel in the Park Babelsberg

by Lars Gabrysch, 290 meters away

Park Babelsberg Potsdam06.09.2010 Canon EOS 20D-IR@700nmSigma DC18-50mm 3.5-5.6Panosaurus41 ImagesSti...

Bildstoeckel in the Park Babelsberg

This panorama was taken in

This is an overview of

Created on a hill called Babelsberg along the banks of the Havel River, the 124 hectare, landscaped park was commissioned by Prince William and his wife Augusta.

It was originally laid out by Peter Joseph Lenné in 1833 and was redesigned by Prince von Pückler-Muskau in 1842-67. Terraces with mosaics, ornamental flowerbeds, sculpture and fountains are grouped around the Babelsberg Palace. The terraces are connected to a pleasure ground with the Golden Rose Garden, to a round flowerbed at the Gothic Fountain, and to flower arrangements enclosed by colorful clay bricks. Walking paths offer scenic views of the Havel lakes and the Potsdam city skyline, which led to the construction of the Flatow Tower from 1853-56. The park has been protected by historic preservation since the 1960s. After the fall of the Berlin Wall, the area along the water to the north was restored and integrated into the park.

Share this panorama