Great Hall of the Landsmannschaft-Darmstadtia CC, Giessen, Germany
Member of the Coburger Convent
In the fall of 1881 were 13 graduates of the Darmstadt Ludwig Georg-school to study in Giessen. It was decided to maintain the old friendship and to found an association of intestinal townspeople. Regular meeting place was the Café Ebel, as these meetings but were without discipline, it was decided to issue an order Kneip. This was adopted on 02.11.1882 and "Darmstadtia" selected as the connection name. The first constant was the local powder mill.
The 13 founding fellows were:
Florus bus, Heinrich bus, coach Karl, Hermann Eidmann, Wilhelm Hofmann, Joseph Muller, Edward Otto, Rudolf Schad, Gerhard Schilling, Eugene Schoenfeld, Louis Reinhardt, Ferdinand Rohde and Emil Wolf.
As of 11.02.1882 were not worn blue - white - red. Darmstadtia represented from the beginning, the position of absolute satisfaction and came armed protection at the former L! (Now B!) Germania Marburg. 1886 Darmstadtia was purple with the colors - white - pink logged in to the Rector of the Alma Mater Ludoviciana, as the recent blue - white - red were already awarded to a pharmacist association. A little later we changed the colors in purple - white - to red.
In 1891 appeared the first attempts to become the country team. Since Darmstadtia had to show as a black link arms, we finally decided on 02.08.1893 also the duty of striking transformation in a corporation. Thus Darmstadtia on 28/05/1893 Zwingenberg included in the LC-boys Reinewald (L! Teutonia Würzburg), Meyer (L! Spandovia Berlin) and Küssner (L! Ulmia Tübingen) in the Coburg LC and finally on 07.14.1893 in Leipzig admittiert official. On 05.13.1894 the reception took place in Coburg.
1900 Darmstadtia members than was the striking combination in Giessen.
1906 was the foundation stone of the house. On 02/17/1907, the 25th Anniversary event, the house in a street clinic was inaugurated in Giessen.
1937 Aktivitas was dissolved in growing pressure of the NSDStB. The house was used by the camaraderie No. VII, which was later renamed the camaraderie at the Darmstadt house "and finally to a highly decorated in World War fraternity brother in" Knight of camaraderie Rompf ".
On 12.27.1947 a new Aktivitas was recorded, consisting of the three sons of old boys Holzel, Petry and Seiler and 19 members of the young fraternity "scholars". 1951 we again took the designation "country team to" and entered the Convent of the Coburg country teams and a Turnerschaften at German universities. In 1952 the house again expropriated property of L! Darmstadtia.
Through strict and unwavering adherence to the principle of compulsory beating Darmstadtia both survived the turmoil of the years 1968/1969, 1970/1971 crisis and the governing body.
To other students to create sufficient housing and secure the federal government for the future, bought the L! Darmstadtia 2003, in the immediate neighborhood is also a listed large house in the street Credner 16, which provides at each of its four floors, each with four habitable rooms, a kitchen and two bathrooms.
View More »