This Romanesque church dating from the twelfth century, served at times as a church of a Benedictine monastery inhabited by women. Centuries later, in 1809, was the subject of major reforms by which he acquired the aspect that presents today. From the first time retains its essential elements: its only ship, the rectangular apse and the rich decoration of all areas. In 1809 were added a tower and the sacristy, chapel of San Juan Bautista.
The main entrance has four pairs of columns under archivolts different aesthetics, but all in the style of floral decoration. The eardrum is semicircular and has no ornamentation whatsoever.
In the north wall and the south side we look at the corbels historian, recreating various forms of animals and mythological creatures, among others. Also of interest are the corbels beneath the cornice of the apse. The most interesting elements of its interior are the triumphal arch and the capitals. The decoration of one of them is made from the leaves curled. On the other depicts a scene featuring several figures, being the central character dressed in a toga.
View More »