Interior with christmas decorations, photo's taken on december 25, 2010.
St. Martins's church (founded for Carmelite nuns) was built in the years 1637-1630. It was constructed in early baroque style according to the design made by John Trevano. The building was erected on the foundations of another church, which go back to the 12th century.
The classicistic altar, which in Protestant church functions only as as the Communion table, dates back to 1870. The picture presenting "Calming the storm at sea" by Henryk Siemiradzki is placed above the table.
Above the picture you can see a gothic wooden crucifix from about 1380 (the oldest in Krakow). Behind this crucifix, not visible on this photo, is a stained glass window dating to the period 1918-1939. It presents the Fall into Sin (on the left) ans Sending of the Holy Spirit to the first apostles (on the right).
On the communion table there are six large candles, a silver crucifix, a bible and the Communion vessels. On the boards against the walls are numbers of songs sung during the service, the number after "introit" indicates the applicable words of Psalms. In front of the Communion table there is a font crowned with a figure of Jesus Christ being baptized by John the Baptist.