Launched in 1913, the Jhuliao Water Intake Station is a legacy of the sanitary and waterway facilities in Taiwan. It is the earliest water supply facilities of the southern Taiwan in particular in Kaohsiung. The building style of Jhuliao Water Intake Station is modeled after the classical Gothic architecture in the Renaissance period. The station is operating in integration for water supply with Pingding Water Treatment Plant and Takao Water Supply Station. During the early 20th century, it was one of the major water sources for people who lived in the Takao Harbor Street and for public use. The station was announced as the city's historical site in 1998.