Cathedral Street is the main street Ostrow Tumski Island starting with Tumski Bridge and running through Church Square to Cathedral Square. It is also one of the most beautiful streets of Wroclaw, with views of the cathedral, that stretch the sides of the rows of lovingly restored Renaissance houses lit by gas light lanterns.
Wrocław was the historical capital of Silesia. Over the centuries, the city has been part of either Poland, Bohemia, Austria, Prussia, or Germany. Since 1945 it has been part of Poland.source: wikipedia