0 Likes

Klostera Street
Riga
Klostera (Cloistral) Street was constructed in the 16th century when the Cloister of Maria Magdalena, after which the street was named, had been transferred into the city’s tenure. The street was built in the second half of the 16th century, when the tenancy of Catholic Church on the territory of the Convent of Maria Magdalene and Jacob’s Church had fallen to the city. In 1925 a part of Klostera Street was named Saeima Square. In the early 30s the whole street for a short time was called Saeima Street. In 1941 it was renamed to Muzeja (Museum) Street, in 1950 – Vestures (Historic) Street. After restoration of independence of Latvia the street regained its original name.
Copyright: Vil muhametshin
Type: Spherical
Resolution: 6000x3000
Uploaded: 16/09/2008
Updated: 25/06/2014
Views:

...


Tags: street
comments powered by Disqus

Uldis Bardins
Riga Old City at Night
Uwe Wirtjes
Latvia Saeima
Vil Muhametshin
St. Jacob’s Church
Vil Muhametshin
At the speakers place of plenary chamber of the Latvian parliament
Vil Muhametshin
On the main stairs of the Latvian parliament in Old Riga
Vil Muhametshin
Plenary chamber of the Latvian parliament in Riga
Vil Muhametshin
"Blīvā Telpa" (Dense Space) at the Arsenāls Exhibition Hall in Old Riga, Latvia
Vil Muhametshin
At the "Golden works" art exhibition in Riga
Vil Muhametshin
"Golden works" art exhibition in Riga, Latvia
Vil Muhametshin
Exhibition "Dense Space" at the Arsenāls Exhibition Hall in Old Riga, Latvia
Vil Muhametshin
“Three Brothers”
Vil Muhametshin
“Three Brothers”
Robert Mročka
Ostrava z věže Nové radnice
kiyoharu takamura
Mt eboshi
Leszek Cuper
Warszawski balon widokowy
Gregory Panayotou
Promenade among Jatiluwih's beautiful terraced rice fields
Omar Junior
Alagamento na Rua Joaquim Nabuco
Bill Bailey
Route 66 Winslow Arizona
John Roberts
High View Nature Trail, Joshua Tree National Park, California, USA
Jan Koehn
O'zapft is - Bergkirchweih 2012
Viktor Vokic
Catacombs of Paris
David Rowley
Nærøyfjord
Bill Edwards
The REI Pinnacle, Seattle, WA
Calvin K McDonald
Corona Arch (west), Moab, Utah, USA
Vil Muhametshin
On the way to the Pizzocolo mountain, Lago di Garda, Italy
Vil Muhametshin
Creation of new planting bed at French formal garden of Rundale Palace, Latvia
Vil Muhametshin
Russia and France at the IWCR Christmas Charity Bazaar 2010 in Riga
Vil Muhametshin
On the corner of Graudu and K. Valdemara streets
Vil Muhametshin
In front of St. John’s Church
Vil Muhametshin
View to the Old Riga from St. Peter’s Church, Latvia
Vil Muhametshin
Authentic Soviet interior at Kaunas pharmacy "Vilties vaistinė", Lithuania
Vil Muhametshin
Fountain Marie de Médicis in the garden of Luxembourg
Vil Muhametshin
Backflip at Milzkalns skiing resort, Latvia
Vil Muhametshin
Ethnographic Open-Air Museum (Etnogrāfiskais Brīvdabas muzejs), Riga, Latvia
Vil Muhametshin
Fontaine hotel
Vil Muhametshin
Klostera Street
More About Riga

Originated from a small fishermen village, for centuries Riga has been an important part of the trade chain between Russia and Western Europe. A lively crossroad of cultures and backgrounds for over 800 years, the historical centre of Riga has accumulated an impressive cultural baggage and today is justly included in the UNESCO’s World Heritage list.