St. George’s (Sv. Jura) church is the oldest stone building in Riga, its construction started in 1204. Konventa Seta (Convent) was named after the Holy Spirit Convent, which was located here after the first castle was destroyed. The first buildings on this site appeared in 1204, when the first castle of the Christian Knights’ Order and St. George’s (Jura) Church of the Order were built. Later, when the Castle was destroyed by the citizens of Riga, the Holy Spirit Convent (a charity, helping the poor and sick of all classes and nationalities), that was founded by Bishop Albert, moved into the remains of the old castle. The name Konventa Seta (Convent) was acquired thanks to the Convent. Starting from the 17th century some of these buildings were reconstructed into warehouses and in the 18-19th centuries shelters, residential houses and warehouses were built. In the southern part of Konventa Seta the Chapel of the Order’s Castle has been preserved – St. George’s Church – this is the oldest stone building in Riga. Built from white limestone, it was called “Wittenstein” – “made of white stone”. Today it houses the Museum of Applied Arts. The site was reconstructed in 1995.