FRANCISCAN STREET 3 is the Episcopal Palace which is just under no. 3 the the most
Famous edifice in Franciscan street - at present the seat of the Cracovian Curia Metropolitarnej. The history of the building reaches
XIII age, however the primitive building burnt in 1462 r. together with with monastery and church of Franciscans fathers, he was rebuilt and renewed several times.
The Charles Wojtyła already lived on Franciscan as the student of the conspiratory Clerical Seminar Archdiocese of Cracovian – period this lasted since 10 August 1944 as much as after the ordination the priestly which he also accepted on Franciscan - 1 November 1946.
He returned in 1958 r. together with with undertaking of the auxiliary bishop service to the seat of the Metropolitalnej Curia, and then - the Cracovian metropolitan. II already lived in the Palace during every of pilgrimages to the Cracow as the pope John Paweł.