Kruttornet "The Gunpowder Tower"
Share
mail
loading...
Loading ...

Panoramic photo by Lennart Mollerstrom EXPERT Taken 16:03, 27/02/2008 - Views loading...

Advertisement

Kruttornet "The Gunpowder Tower"

The World > Europe > Sweden > Gotland > Visby

Tags: landmark

  • Like / unlike
  • thumbs up
  • thumbs down

Kruttornet "The Gun Powder Tower" was the first part of the Visby City Wall to be built.

comments powered by Disqus

Nearby images in Visby

map

A: Fiskargränd

by Fredrik Skog, 110 meters away

Fiskargränd is an old road in Visby and one of the most photographed roads in Visby. The houses aroun...

Fiskargränd

B: Almedalen

by Lennart Mollerstrom, 210 meters away

Almedalen

C: From inside the ruins of St. Trinitatis

by Linus Tolke, 280 meters away

The church was built in 1240 for the Germans in the central congregation in Visby. After the Protesta...

From inside the ruins of St. Trinitatis

D: DBW's Botanic Garden

by Lennart Mollerstrom, 300 meters away

DBW's, De Badande Wännernas trädgård.

DBW's Botanic Garden

E: Saint Catherin's Ruin

by Lennart Mollerstrom, 340 meters away

Saint Karins ruin is the remains of a Franciscan monastery founded in 1233. It was a monastery until ...

Saint Catherin's Ruin

F: Stora Torget, Visby

by Lennart Mollerstrom, 340 meters away

Stora Torget means "the Great Square" was until some decades ago the center of the town. There was a ...

Stora Torget, Visby

G: Donnersplats

by Lennart Mollerstrom, 350 meters away

Donnersplats

H: Visby Cathedral, Saint Mary

by Lennart Mollerstrom, 360 meters away

Visby Cathedral, Saint Mary

I: Trappgatan

by Lennart Mollerstrom, 410 meters away

This lookout point is located at Trappgatan on the edge of "Klinten" which is the higher northern par...

Trappgatan

J: Visby Cathedral

by Lennart Mollerstrom, 410 meters away

Visby Cathedral

This panorama was taken in Visby

This is an overview of Visby

Visby was a member of the medieval German trade association the Hansa and is now a popular place for tourists. Visby is on the UNESCO list of world heritage centers since 1995.

Share this panorama