Enhances advertising, editorial, film, video, TV, Websites, and mobile experiences.
The medieval town of Zvornik called "Djurdjevgrad or Kula Grad" is an exceptional tourist potential with priceless archaeological value, which was first mentioned in archeological documents as a property of Bosnian medieval feudal family Zlatonosovic in 1410. It was probably built in 12th century and this is one of the largest medieval fortresses in Bosnia and Herzegovina.
The fortress was built in inaccessible terraine mountain range Mladjevac, where the Drina River exits from the gorge and enters to the fertile plains. The civilian settlement Zvonik, which was later changed its name to Zvornik, was developed below fortress and beside left bank of The Drina River. The fort was defended the road that led from Serbia to Bosnia (Sarajevo, Dubrovnik, Tuzla and Srebrenica), and control the communication which was on the left side of the Drina River and led to Srem. The fort consists of three parts: the lower town, medium town and the upper town with a range of 150m to 450m above sea level and these three parts are connected by a stone wall. The fortress was adapted and used during The Ottoman and Austro-Hungarian reign, as well as in the Kingdom of Yugoslavia, when it served as barracks.