History Museum Lanškroun existence begins in 1905. Museum administration was then controlled by the Board of Trustees (the museum committee), which had the task of collecting museum collections and take care of them. For this purpose, was released rooms in the building of the current basic art schools in the square Alois Jirasek (then Josefské square). In 1906 the club was founded by supporting the museum. After repeatedly moving over the years in various buildings in Lanškroun (castle, town hall, consumerism Workers) he was finally assigned spaces in the castle. Permanent natural history exhibition here has been installed in several rooms. Already in 1960 the museum curator Henry Chladek complained of inadequate facilities and planned to complete reconstruction of the castle.