0 Likes

On the left balcony of the old church of Ens
North-East Polder

Designed by the architect Chris Nielsen and artist Berend Hendriks the church opened its doors in may 1953 as the second church in the North East Polders. In 1996 the church gained the status of monument. The last service was held on september the 24th 2006, ten years after receiving its monumental status. One year after that the church was renovated and turned into a house.

Copyright: Ronald Tichelaar
Type: Spherical
Resolution: 12252x6126
Uploaded: 11/09/2011
Updated: 14/07/2014
Views:

...


Tags: church; indoors; monument; former church; dutch reformed chuch
comments powered by Disqus

Ronald Tichelaar
Inside The Old Reformed Church Of Ens
Ronald Tichelaar
Inside The House In The Reformed Church Of Ens
Ronald Tichelaar
The Old Reformed Church Of Ens
Ronald Tichelaar
Playground at the outdoor icerink of Ens
Ronald Tichelaar
Ontop Of The Watchtower "Ramspol"
Ronald Tichelaar
Inside The Watchtower "Ramspol"
Ronald Tichelaar
On A Dyke At Ramspol
Ronald Tichelaar
On A Jetty At Ramspol
Ronald Tichelaar
At the construction site of the Ramspol-bridge
Ronald Tichelaar
At the construction site of the Ramspol-bridge
Ronald Tichelaar
At the construction site of the Ramspol-bridge
Ronald Tichelaar
On The Dykes In Front Of Museum Schokland
yunzen liu
Lijiang3- Scenery and natural wonders(guilin china)
yunzen liu
在安徽黄山鳌鱼峰观云海
Markus Matern
Surfing at Eisbach
Sotero Ferreira
Ermida Nª Srª da Conceição - Tomar
C B Arun Kumar
Trimurti Elephanta Caves
yunzen liu
Jiuzhaigou Valley----Long Lake (Changhai)
Carel Struycken
Monolake in Winter
Martin Micallef
St Lawrence Collegiate Chuch Birgu 2004 Malta
Lev Trusov
Ruined Water Mill in Yuryatino
Plaza de la Villa, Sos del Rey Católico
Igor Marx
Hauptbahnhof Koeln 05
jacky cheng
重庆瓷器口钟家院-主客房;Chongqing chinaware mouth clock courtyard - main guest room
Ronald Tichelaar
Evening stroll on the small dykes of Schokland 5
Ronald Tichelaar
Musvolkampen
Ronald Tichelaar
Vatnahalsen Myrdal
Ronald Tichelaar
Bivouac at Cuillin Hills, looking out over Loch Coruisk
Ronald Tichelaar
On Top Of Rondeslottet (2178m)
Ronald Tichelaar
Royrodden - Arak Route In Nissedal Norway
Ronald Tichelaar
Stegastein Viewpoint
Ronald Tichelaar
Sunset at Fécamp Beach, France
Ronald Tichelaar
Grasdalsheii, Lårdalstigen
Ronald Tichelaar
The foghorn of Oud Emmeloord on the former Island Schokland
Ronald Tichelaar
Evening stroll on the small dykes of Schokland 7
Ronald Tichelaar
Camp On The Royrodden Beach
More About North-East Polder

The North-East Polder is a municipality in the Flevoland province in the central Netherlands. The history of this specific ‘polder’ goes back to 1918 when the Dutch government decided to reclaim this part of the Zuiderzee (Dutch for Southern Sea). On 14 June 1918, the Zuiderzee Act, which provided for the enclosure of the Zuiderzee and the reclamation of the land, was passed in Parliament. A government agency called the Zuiderzee Project Department was established on 1 May 1919. The following year, work began on a dike that would run from North Holland to the island of Wieringen. After the dike's completion, the project came to a temporary standstill. Despite its economic problems, the government decided to forge ahead with the Zuiderzee Project. The civil engineers involved took particular pride in building the IJsselmeer Dam, which would enclose the Zuiderzee and thus create the IJsselmeer (Lake IJssel). In 1930, the Wieringermeer Polder was the first tract of land to be reclaimed from the sea; the first of five planned polders. Two years later, the IJsselmeer Dam was completed, and the Zuiderzee ceased to be. The North-East Polder was the first polder to be reclaimed from the new lake IJssel. The location of the dike was decided on. On 3 October 1939, the mayors of the villages of Urk and Lemsterland could shake hands upon completion of a major stretch of dike. As a result, the famous fishing island of Urk was no longer a real island. This was a highly emotional moment for the local population. Between 1937 - 1942 the North-East Polder was drained by means of three pumping stations (Buma (1940) near Lemmer, Vissering (1942) near Urk, Smeenge (1941) near Voorst). The former island of Urk has been included in the dike system; the former island of Schokland is now part of the southern section of the new polder land. In World War II, work on the Zuiderzee Project slowed down. But by 1940, the dike had reached the province of Overijssel, and in September the land had been drained. Thousands of workers were deployed to make it suitable for agriculture. During the war, the Dutch authorities used a great number of people to cultivate the polder land, thereby ensuring that this workforce could not be used in the Nazi war industry. After the war, the IJsselmeer Polders Department began distributing the land, and the first residential areas were built. Today the municipality of the North-East Polder includes the vilages Bant, Creil, Ens, Espel, Kraggenburg, Luttelgeest, Marknesse, Nagele, Rutten, and Tollebeek with the city Emmeloord at its heart. On the 9th of July 2008 the former island of Schokland received its official status of 11th village of the North-East Polder. Inspired by Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia and Unesco World Heritage