0 Likes

Maslenitsa hill

http://vologda-portal.ru/novosti/index.php?ID=210572&SECTION_ID=151

Более 15 метров в высоту и ширину, более 100 метров в длину. На каждой лестнице по 60 ступенек.

..проходят последние замеры деревянного сооружения, претендующего на звание самой высокой действующей масленичной горки России.

Copyright: Dmitry O Belov
Type: Spherical
Resolution: 16204x8102
Uploaded: 22/03/2013
Updated: 06/10/2014
Views:

...


Tags: winter; hill; building; maslenitsa; carnival
comments powered by Disqus

parusnik parusnik
горка вологда
Alexey Yuzhakov
Vologda Université pédagogique d'Etat
Dmitry Plavkov
Kremlin Square. Vologda
Shusharin-EDA
Vologda Kremlin
Aleksy Kirilovskiy
Kremlin Square
Shusharin-EDA
Vologda
Алексей Попов
Vologda Kremlin 2
Alexey Yuzhakov
Kremlin area
Alexey Yuzhakov
Kremlin, near monument KN Batyushkov
dmitry-o-belov
r.Vologda. Spring tide.
Shusharin-EDA
Revolution square
Shusharin-EDA
Круглый дворик
Roger Berry
Lakshmi Narayan temple, White Elephants Statues
Roger Berry
Tiger Dancers, Thirunakkara Mahadeva temple India
Mahmood Hamidi
Naranjestan Ghavam, Ivan Room
Alexey Bazlaev
Mana River
Eric PINEL PESCHARDIERE
VAHINE ISLAND - Private Island Resort
Roberto Scavino
Monumental Cemetery, Brondelli's tomb
Mark Florko
Olvera Castle
Fariborz Alagheband
Bazzar Geysarieh
Roger Berry
Sonpur Mela, Buffalos For Sale
Henk van den Berg
SS Rotterdam Engine Room Back
Ramin Dehdashti
The Bazaar of the Naqshe Jahan Square
Fariborz Alagheband
Haron Velayat Shrine
dmitry-o-belov
Sizma. Veteranov street.
dmitry-o-belov
Spaso-Prilutskiy Dmitriev monastery. Point 5.
dmitry-o-belov
On the shore of the swamp
dmitry-o-belov
Miraculous Spring
dmitry-o-belov
r.Vologda. Spring tide.
dmitry-o-belov
Near Uhtoma village
dmitry-o-belov
Fedulova square at night
dmitry-o-belov
River Dvinitsa at village Semigorodnyaya
dmitry-o-belov
Road to Ozerki. Winter.
dmitry-o-belov
Spaso-Prilutskiy Dmitriev monastery. Point 4.
dmitry-o-belov
Church of Elijah the Prophet
dmitry-o-belov
"Matera" aka "Bald glade"
More About

Vologda was first mentioned in Novgorod chronicles for 1147, when Saint Gerasimus found a church and village already standing there. Surrounded by impassable woods, the settlement was inhabited by Novgorodians who pulled the ships from a tributary of theVolga to a tributary of the Northern Dvina, thus making possible navigation from the White Sea to the Caspian. In 1273 the city was ravaged by a Mongol raid. It was not until 1412, when the area was ceded by Novgorod Republic to Muscovy, that the town acquired any measure of importance. The princes of Muscovy made Vologda their outpost in the North. By the end of the century, Vologda eclipsed the ancient centre of that region, Belozersk. Its commercial importance further increased when the Muscovy Company started its operations in Russia.