Massandra palace is also called the Palace of Alexander III in Massandra. It is one of the best architectural constructions on the southern coast of the Crimea, dating from the second half of the XIX century. It stands in beautiful parkland on the outskirts of Yalta. Originally built for Prince C.M. Vorontsov, it was acquired by Tsar Alexander III as his summer palace in 1889. After the 1917 revolution it was used as a holiday residence by high-ranking members of the Politburo - Stalin, Khrushchev and Brezhnev all stayed here at one time or another. In the early nineties the palace was designated a museum and opened to the public.
In Massandra abundant ornamentation, details of a Renaissance style and newly born art nouveau style can be found. However, the dominant feature is its baroque style.
The interior has now been beautifully restored. It contains a significant collection of fine art and period furniture in rooms set out to reflect the grandeur of its original nineteenth century owners.