Located north of San Pedro Trujillanos and Merida. Belongs to the region of Tierra de Mérida - Vegas Low and Merida judicial Party.
Its foundation was made, according to some versions, in the thirteenth century by people originating from Miranda de Ebro, and according to others, in the fourteenth century by Portuguese settlers arrived from Miranda de Duero.
This village was part of the Commandery of Merida, also called Merida Good Homes, part of the León province of the Order of Santiago.
In the fall of the ancien regime in the locality is constitutional municipality in the region of Extremadura. From 1834 it was integrated into the judicial Party Mérida. In the census of 1842 had 140 households and 510 residents.
Catholic parish church of Santa Maria Magdalena, in the Archdiocese of Mérida-Badajoz
Extremadura (Estremaura in Extremadura and the fala). It is a Spanish autonomous community located in the southwest of the Iberian Peninsula. It is composed of the two largest provinces in Spain: Cáceres yBadajoz. Extremadura bounded on the north by the provinces of Salamanca, Ávila (Castilla y León), south conHuelva, Sevilla and Cordoba (Andalusia), on the east, with Toledo and Ciudad Real (Castilla-La Mancha) and west conPortugal. Its capital is Mérida (Augusta Emerita old), the city recognized by the Statute of Autonomy as the seat of the Government of Extremadura.