The local railway Murnau-Oberammergau, opened in 1900, was operated electrically since 1905. Until 1930 the Lokalbahn Ag München (LAG) purchased five similiar locomotives. The locomotive LAG 4 was delivered in 1922 and received its today's shape after a remodelling in 1934. After nationalisation of the LAG in 1938, it was registered under the Reichsbahn registration number E 69 04. After its withdrawl from service in 1977, the locomotive was stored in front of the Bundesbahn-Zentralamt München. On September, 3rd 1997 it was placed together with a bavarian main signal in front of the former local railway station Murnau as a memorial.
(Description on the plate right beside the memorial)