Courtyard of Neuschwanstein Castle.
The Neuschwanstein Castle was built in the 1800's by King Ludwig II of Bavaria, or King Louis II, as a retreat. He used his own money, rather than borrowing from the public funds of Bavaria. Ludwig had wanted the castle for several years as homage to his friend Richard Wagner. It was not until Ludwig's father passed in 1868, that he had the money to pay for the construction. (Source: http://www.castle-neuschwanstein.com/en/)