First mentioned as a place in the XV century. In 1490, he built the first church. In the XVIII century Adelsk wooden synagogue was built.
From 1795 to 1807 Adelsk was part of Prussia, and then went to the Russian Empire, where he earned a law supernumerary Sokolsky County town of Grodno province. According to the 1897 census, the city population of 1,462 people. Of them Poles - 83% Jews - 16% .
From 1920 to 1939 Adelsk part of Poland. In 1933, he lost the status of the city and became a village.