Old Arendal city hall was buildt in 1812-13 and was opened in 1815. Ii is sad that its the tallest wood house and second in its sice in Norway, only beaten by the Stiftsgården in Trondheim. The building is made of wood from the Napolean wars. Its owners sold it to Arendal in 1844 and it then became its cityhall. In 2004 it became no longer cityhall on the new was erected in 2005 in the city.