The old church in St Day was consecrated in 1828. Built in a Gothic style, with its tower and pinnacles, the building is a prominent landmark. Sadly, the building was closed in 1956 and in 1985, the decision was taken to dynamite the roof, after damage by vandals. Today, the old church has been cleared out and is an empty shell, which is open to the public in the summer months. See genuki for more information about this building.