0 Likes

Ortakoy3 istanbul turkey
Istanbul

Close to the Büyük Mecidiye Mosque is the small harbour of Ortaköy. This is one of many stops for the public ferries which drive along the European and the Asian side of the Bosporus. Especially Ortaköy is a place with many restaurants and bars. People come here to enjoy warm evenings at the sea with a nice dinner or a drink.

Copyright: Heiner Straesser Der Panoramafotograf.Com
Type: Spherical
Resolution: 8084x4042
Taken: 08/08/2009
Uploaded: 30/05/2011
Updated: 29/05/2014
Views:

...


Tags: harbour; ferry; ships; boat; people; sea; bosporus; public traffic
comments powered by Disqus

Martin Marinov
Arthur's Seat
Ende der gletschertour
Hiroky OGAWA
Yubatake, Kusatsu onsen spa
Martin Broomfield
Hang Ma Street, Hanoi
Mark Fink
Split Rock Mohonk Preserve New Paltz NY
Martin Berta
Ggantija megalithic temple Gozo
Tzatzanis - Maravelakis
Inside the monumental olive tree of Vouves
H. Adi Saputra
Karasawa Heutte Sunrise
Glen Claydon
Rishiri Island Beer O'Clock
Hans Molenkamp
Lighthouse of Urk
Hiroky OGAWA
Toyoiwa Inari shrine, Ginza Tokyo
Robert Mročka
Úzkorozchodná železniční trať - Třemešná ve Slezsku
More About Istanbul

Istanbul (historically Byzantium and later Constantinople; see the other names of Istanbul) is the largest city of Turkey and the third largest city in the world. The city covers 27 districts of the Istanbul province.It is located on the Bosphorus Strait and encompasses the natural harbor known as the Golden Horn, in the northwest of the country. It extends both on the European (Thrace) and on the Asian (Anatolia) side of the Bosphorus, and is thereby the only metropolis in the world which is situated on two continents. In its long history, Istanbul served as the capital city of the Roman Empire (330–395), the East Roman (Byzantine) Empire (395–1204 and 1261–1453), the Latin Empire (1204–1261), and the Ottoman Empire (1453–1922). The city was chosen as joint European Capital of Culture for 2010. The historic areas of Istanbul were added to the UNESCO World Heritage List in 1985.