N
N
Projections and Nav Modes
  • Normal View
  • Fisheye View
  • Architectural View
  • Stereographic View
  • Little Planet View
  • Panini View
Click and Drag / QTVR mode
Share this panorama
For Non-Commercial Use Only
This panorama can be embedded into a non-commercial site at no charge. Read more
Do you agree to the Terms & Conditions?
For commercial use, contact us
Embed this Panorama
WidthHeight
For Non-Commercial Use Only
For commercial use, contact us
License this Panorama

Enhances advertising, editorial, film, video, TV, Websites, and mobile experiences.

LICENSE MODAL

0 Likes

Palafitos y Embarcaciones en Chonchi
Chile

Chonchi is a Chilean commune in the X Region of Los Lagos, located on the Big Island of Chiloé. Its capital is the town of the same name. In the census of 2002 the municipality had 12,572 inhabitants, of whom 36.5% lived in urban areas.

The municipality has an area of ​​1 362 km <su> 2 and a roughly rectangular shape. Limits the north with the municipality of Castro and south with those of Queilen and Quellón, while to the west is the Pacific Ocean and the inland sea east of Chiloé. The only island is less than has Linlinao islet. Within the municipality there are several lakes, the largest of which are the Natri, the Tepuhueico, the Tarahuín and Huillinco-Cucao, which also is the largest of the archipelago.

On the east coast the forest cover has been replaced by meadows and farmland and left little of the original forest. This area is most of the population and, together with the people of Chonchi, there are the towns of Rauco, Vilupulli, Teupa and Terao. The west coast is instead is steep, with higher rainfall, the population is sparse and hence more forests are preserved, particularly in the area north of Lake Cucao, which is part of Chiloé National Park, the only town this part of the commune is Cucao, between the lake and the river homonyms. The intermediate part between the two coasts is halfway between them in terms of population and landscape, as there are sectors mainly engaged in agricultural activities as the town of Huillinco and southern shores of the lake of the same name, and others almost uninhabited, as areas near lakes and Natri Tepuhueico.

The most populous of the commune are Chonchi village (4588 inhabitants), Huillinco village (520 inhab.) And the hamlet of Cucao (229 inhab.). There are also dozens of rural areas where the population is scattered with small villages around the chapels and schools, as in Rauco, Vilupulli, Huicha, Teupa, Terao, Notuco and Curaco of Vilupulli, among others.

The village is located Chonchi on the east coast of Chiloe, about 25 km south of Castro. It is reached from the north via a detour of about 2 km on the Pan American Highway between Castro and Quellón and from the south, in the same way or through the route that originates in Queilen. It is located on three natural terraces, hence the nickname City of the three floors. The first floor is for the port, the second much of the old houses and the third street to Centennial Square and Centennial Street was Church.1 declaraza National Monument of Chile in category "Typical Zone" and is characterized by her big wooden houses, built in the early twentieth century during the heyday of the exploitation of Guaitecas cypress when chonchino Ciriaco Alvarez was nicknamed "King of the Cypress".

The church of Chonchi, is one of 16 wooden church Chiloé were declared World Heritage Site by Unesco. Its construction was started in 1754 and was not completed before 1859.2 Within the commune, the other church that has the status of World Heritage Site is to Vilupulli, built late nineteenth century, opened on January 16, 1872 and known by its slender tower. Your employer is San Antonio de Padua.

The Chonchi Traditions Museum is a house whose first floor is set as the home of a wealthy family in the early twentieth century, while in the second floor and in the yard together different pieces of everyday life during the century Chiloé XX.

Initially Castro fjord there Tauco fort, built in 1780 to defend the entrance to Castro during the colonial period, but was never used.

Chonchi was founded as San Carlos de Chonchi on August 3, 1767, and in 1787 had 315 habitantes.3 In 1833 he was recognized as the most important town in the south of the isla.4 The creator of the hymn to Chiloé, Jesus Manuel Andrade Bórquez , born in Chonchi the June 21, 1886. In 1930, the city had 14,546 inhabitants. The 1960 earthquake destroyed almost all stilts.


Chonchinas threads.

Two recipes from the kitchen Chonchina are golden liqueur made with buttermilk, egg and saffron, and threads chonchinas, which is first boiled and then baked.

es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chonchi

View More »

Copyright: Luis A. Romero Pavez (Wro Ke N)
Type: Spherical
Resolution: 13000x6500
Taken: 23/02/2012
Uploaded: 10/02/2013
Updated: 04/04/2015
Views:

...


Tags: boats
comments powered by Disqus
More About Chile