0 Likes

panchina lungo la passeggiata per punta Manara - Sestri Levante
Sestri Levante
Copyright: Andrea Biffi
Type: Spherical
Resolution: 8800x4400
Taken: 02/08/2009
Uploaded: 07/09/2009
Updated: 02/03/2015
Views:

...


Tags: panchina; punta manara; sestri; levante; italy; italia; deda; andrea biffi; pano; 360
comments powered by Disqus

Vil Muhametshin
Scenes from the past, Rundale Palace, Latvia
Andrew Bodrov
Ice Lagoon, Iceland
Nikolay Gernet
Polar station, Hayes Island, Franz Josef Land
H.J.Weber
North India Ladakh - Monastery Likir inside
Masao Nagata
Aoshima Shrine2
Littleplanet.nl - Roelof de Vries
Writers at Work - Harry Mulisch
Willy Kaemena
Autostadt Wolfsburg - Autoturm
zeljko soletic
South coast of Lokrum island
Jaime Brotons
Panoramic view of Albarracin from the top of the wall
Markus Freitag
-Roßfeldstraße- Gedenkkreuz im Mondlicht
Willy Kaemena
Aleppo Souq Typical Shop
Ruediger Kottmann
Venezia - Gondola traffico sul Rio S. Zulian
Andrea Biffi
puces de St.Ouen
Andrea Biffi
Pecorara
Andrea Biffi
Luna Park
Andrea Biffi
Liverpool Street Station
Andrea Biffi
Villa Reale
Andrea Biffi
Howth Head cliffs
Andrea Biffi
Chiesa dei SS Pietro e Paolo a Osteno
Andrea Biffi
Diga del Panperduto sul canale Villoresi
Andrea Biffi
Centrale Idroelettrica Esterle sull'Adda
Andrea Biffi
Venezia, Campo San Zaccaria
Andrea Biffi
Pavia - torri medievali
Andrea Biffi
Vicoli di Casasco (Como)
More About Sestri Levante

Sestri Levante is found in Luguria, approximately halfway between Genoa and La Spezia. The original part of Sestri Levante is actually on a peninsula, with the Bay of Silence on one side and Bay of the Fables on the other. Bay of the Fables or “Bay of Fairy Tales” was named in honor of Danish writer, Hans Christian Andersen, who lived in Sestri Levante for a short time in 1835.Sestri Levante has its origins as an ancient maritime and merchant center. Originally a small island with a promontory, it was later connected to the mainland. In Roman times, it was known as Segesta Tigullorum (or Tigulliorum) or simply Segesta. It was mentioned in the year 909 in a certificate of a man named Berengario, in which part of its territory was ceded to the basilica di san Giovanni di Pavia; after it was invaded by the Barbarians. During the Middle Ages, Sestri Levante began to expand, probably giving the fortress appearance that is due to the terrain.In 1133, the noble family of Lavagna, the Fieschi, attacked Tigullio, the gulf in which Sestri Levante is located, however, they were fought off by the powerful Republic of Genoa, and therefore, Sestri Levante became apart of the republic, for military protection. In the year 1145, the abbey of San Colombano was acquired by the Genoese, and was transformed later into a castle.In 1170, Sestri Levante was attacked by a naval flotilla from Pisa, but was able to withstand the attack.Sestri Levante is also mentioned by Dante (as "Siestri") in Canto 19 of "The Divine Comedy". (more on Wikipedia)