Pavia - piazza del Duomo
The Cathedral of Pavia (Italian: Duomo di Pavia) is a church in Pavia, northern Italy, the largest in the city. The construction (presently still unfinished in some minor details) was begun in the 15th century on the site of two pre-existing Romanesque cathedrals (Santo Stefano and Santa Maria del Popolo). The cathedral houses the remains of St. Sirus, first bishop of Pavia. Next to the cathedral was the Civic Tower (Torre Civica), known in 1330 and enlarged in 1583, which crumbled down on March 17 1989.
(from Wikipedia Wikipedia)
Pavia is a relatively a small city, not far from Milan, famous for its University, one of the oldest ...
The Ponte Coperto "covered bridge" (also known as the Ponte Vecchio "Old Bridge") is a brick and ston...
Pavia is the capital of a fertile province known for agricultural products including wine, rice, cereals, and dairy products. Some industries located in the suburbs do not disturb the peaceful atmosphere which comes from the preservation of the city's past and the climate of study and meditation associated with its ancient University. The University of Pavia, together with the IUSS (Institute for Advanced Studies of Pavia), the Ghislieri College, the Borromeo College, the Nuovo College, the Santa Caterina College and the EDiSU, belongs to the Pavia Study System. Furthermore, Pavia is the see city of the Roman Catholic diocese of Pavia.
(more on Wikipedia)