Pinsk embankment appears to be the citizens’ most favorite leisure place. While noisy town roads are aside it is quiet and cosy here. One can feel nice cool in chestnut and linden shade on hot summer days. Today the street is named Dneprovsko-Pinskoy Flotilii (Dnepr-Pinsk Fleet) after the fleet liberated Pinsk from Nazi in course of Great Patriotic war 1941-1945.
Southern frontage of the former Franciscans monastery - one of the greatest Baroque ensembles in Belarus - faces the embankment. 2- and 3-storeyed monastery buildings together with the Cathedral form some cosy little yards but not all of them are visible for strangers. There is a reason for that: today like 70 years ago former monastery serves as the Heigher Seminary named after St. Thomas Aquinas founded by the bishop Zygmund Losinski in 1925.
View More »