Not known to be the year of construction of the church, but in the archives of the Chapter Chair Wawelsklej, visit churches in the Acts of 1596, Nowy Sącz is mentioned church. Helena.
Originally the church was located in the floodplain. Before the year 1608 has been moved to its current location. The founder of the reconstruction and the interior of the church was the innkeeper, Simon - from the village of Bishop Świniarsko.
The church was surrounded Saturdays, shingle-covered, choir, supported by pillars, just inside the main altar. In the adjacent cemetery, is also buried the dead during the plague. During the Swedish invasion, the church was destroyed. In 1686, the efforts of the abbess of the monastery Stary Helena Marchocki present church was built. The words on the rood beam, "This church effort Her Majesty and Miss Helen Przewielebnej Marchocki Fr. Starosąd. ZSKWW 1686.
View More »