Pollok House is located within the Pollok Estate which is found in the south side of Glasgow .
Pollok Estate has been the family home of the Maxwell's since the middle of the 13th century .
The house itself is from the 18th century and is full of collections of Spanish art , antique furniture , silverware & ceramics which was collected by Sir William Stirling Maxwell . It is also home to an impressive library .
The house is surrounded by beautiful gardens containing over 1,000 species of rhododendrons . The White Cart river runs through the estate which is spanned by a bridge built in 1757 .
Copyright: Alan Mc Lean (Albiphotography) Type: Spherical Resolution: 12672x6336 Taken: 10/11/2010 Uploaded: 15/11/2010 Updated: 07/03/2015 Views: