Pueblonuevo del Guadiana
Guadiana Pueblonuevo began construction in 1948 as the achievement of the Plan Badajoz, completing its construction in the 60's. On October 6, 1956 was inaugurated by the Head of State, General Francisco Franco.
At the end of the twentieth century created this town because it is segregated from the city of Badajoz. In the census of 2001 had 673 households and 2096 vecinos.
Although a newly built village on the land have found Roman remains important as the fishing village where there are two mosaics in the Museo Provincial de Badajoz and different remains.
Bathed in the Guadiana, all irrigated lands are the most important being the cultivation of tomatoes and corn among others such as rice, pepper and fruit trees such as plum, pear, nectarine and peach.
This village comes under the influence of the road from Merida to Lisbon, whose remains are kept visi...
There are still remains of Roman villas in the area, the most prominent is the Roman villa built Torr...
Since medieval times, there is the belief in Our Lady Of Barbana, there is a historical text that say...
The High Place of Badajoz (Extremadura, Spain), recently rehabilitated, was during several centuries ...
Extremadura (Estremaura in Extremadura and the fala). It is a Spanish autonomous community located in the southwest of the Iberian Peninsula. It is composed of the two largest provinces in Spain: Cáceres yBadajoz. Extremadura bounded on the north by the provinces of Salamanca, Ávila (Castilla y León), south conHuelva, Sevilla and Cordoba (Andalusia), on the east, with Toledo and Ciudad Real (Castilla-La Mancha) and west conPortugal. Its capital is Mérida (Augusta Emerita old), the city recognized by the Statute of Autonomy as the seat of the Government of Extremadura.