0 Likes

Tower with hours
Sochi

The modern building of railway station is accepted in maintenance of September 10 1952 (architect A. Душкин).

Three-floor the building of station has 3 interleaving courtyards and high-altitude tower (55 м). Complex of station also included 3 concrete platforms by a common expansion 1080 m, passenger tunnel with 4 by exits. Sochi is connected to other cities by 48 of trains and 5 of electrotrains daily go up to Tuapse and Sukhumi. The building of station together with a bootcanor constructed in 1956, occupies square of 0,6 hectares.

View More »

Copyright: Dashkov vladimir
Type: Spherical
Resolution: 12000x6000
Uploaded: 03/06/2009
Updated: 21/04/2013
Views:

...


Tags: railway; sochi; station
comments powered by Disqus

Dashkov Vladimir
Waiting hall
Dashkov Vladimir
Black Sea dwellers
Dashkov Vladimir
Animal Caucasus Mountains
Dashkov Vladimir
archaeological remains in Sochi
Dashkov Vladimir
Sochi history 1945 - 1985
Dashkov Vladimir
History 1829-1864
Dashkov Vladimir
Rule about settlement 19 centuries
Dashkov Vladimir
Space Exposition
Dashkov Vladimir
Germing of a health resort
Dashkov Vladimir
WWII - Sochi hospital city
Dashkov Vladimir
Sochi in the second world war-time
Dashkov Vladimir
Embankment Sochi river
Florian Knorn
Payload
heiwa4126
Triangle Tower and Cherry Trees
Hotel Castle of Zoreda of Oviedo, spa
Olavur Frederiksen www.faroephoto.com
Kirkjubour
erwan-boisecq
Vannes harbor
Uwe Buecher
Im Kirschgarten, Mainz
Church of San Pedro of Teruel
Chris Witzani
Puerto tazacorte la palma promenade
Bo de Visser
Mineworkers clothingroom called Schwarzkaue
ehcsimred
Signal tower ruin dortmund germany
Vil Muhametshin
"In the hand of God", Eglise St. Eustache, Les Halles, Paris
heiwa4126
Manga On The Wall
Dashkov Vladimir
Black Sea dwellers
Dashkov Vladimir
Germing of a health resort
Dashkov Vladimir
National art museum
Dashkov Vladimir
Mercy Square
Dashkov Vladimir
railway bridge
Dashkov Vladimir
Monument George Armitsted
Dashkov Vladimir
Marine port, night
Dashkov Vladimir
Museum of baron Munсhausen
Dashkov Vladimir
Svami Vidzhajanjanda
Dashkov Vladimir
The Cathedral of Malaga
Dashkov Vladimir
Pils Street
Dashkov Vladimir
Riga Art Nouveau Museum-Fireplace room
More About Sochi

The first settlers on the territory of Sochi appeared 400-350 thousand years ago in lower Paleolithic age. A plenty of artifacts and archeological monuments were discovered and studied here: caves, open sites, ancient settlements, dolmens, ruins of fortresses and temples, burial grounds and mounds. Archeological works conducted in the area of Sochi denoted the territory as unique in variety, number and concentration of archeological monuments, 200 of which are registered and looked after. Among them are a Roman-Byzantine fortress on the river Godlik, a medieval cathedral in the settlement of Lo’o and etc.  In the period of 4-1cc BC on the northeast Black Sea coast tribes of Geniokhs inhabited the major part of the area modern Sohi occupies. Aboriginal historical monuments well preserved to our days must be comprehensively studied. Starting the second half of the 16th century the Caucasus turned into the cockpit for Russia, Turkey and Persia; as the result of the war the Black Sea coast from the mouth of the river Kuban to the fort of Saint Nikolay passed to Russia. Later, in the 19th century several forts were built in Sochi, their ruins are regarded as historical monuments. After the Caucasian war of 1864 the aboriginal population was forced to leave their mother land. Native dwellers were replaced by the Russians, the Ukrainians, the Byelorussians, the Armenians, The Georgians, the Greeks and other nationalities forming a cosmopolite people stock of modern Sochi. The end of the war marked the beginning of study of the Black Sea coast therapeutic factors. However, Russian government wasn’t able to develop the new lands on its own and, in order to fix the problem, entrepreneurs and businessmen of that time were offered to invest money in the Sochi Region. Russian bourgeoisie saw the true value of the land; that is why so many estates, which used to belong to famous families of the past can still be found in this rich and beautiful land. An important role in Sochi’s becoming a resort was assigned to the special commission conducting the study, with start in 1898, of the Black Sea coast right from Novorossiysk to Sukhumi. The survey proved that, due to natural resources the Black Sea coast possessed, balneotherapeutic and climatic health resorts could be constructed there. Sochi got the city status July 31, 1917, when estates of rich Russian noblemen, counts along with imperial mansion Dagomys were determined as a part of the city. In the end of 19 – the beginning of 20cc. the peculiar architecture style of Sochi was being formed. The main principle of the construction implied creation of the city - garden. The architecture style was specified by pavilion-shaped houses special to parks, as architects tried to make the layout of the city and the natural landscape form a perfect whole.After the revolution of 1917 the city was intensively reconstructed, especially in 1930s. The soviet government sponsored building of numerous sanatoriums, bridges (civil architecture monuments) and other complex facilities. Sochi becomes the all-soviet health resort.In 1961 Sochi annexed the districts of Adler and Lazarevskoye and, according to the new borders, stretched for over 150 kilometers along the Black Sea coast. Now Sochi is developing very fast, as it hopes to hold Olympic games-2014.