The Soldiers Graves and Memorial Flagstaff in Washington Crossing State Park was dedicated in 1954. In December of 1776 many of General George Washingtons soldiers were suffering from disease, exhaustion, exposure, wounds etc. They were given aid at the nearby Thompson-Neely House, which was turned into a temporary military hospital. Those that died were buried throughout the area. The Memorial/Cemetery in the park is a beautiful tribute to those men of the Continental Army.