The Royal Palace in Phnom Penh was constructed twice: The first construction took place in 1438. Then the Royal Family moved to Oudong, north of Phnom Penh. The second Palace was built in 1866 and stands to the present day. The Royal Palace compound is 435 meters long by 421 meters wide and a high wall, which is decorated with Seima-shapes, surrounds the complex. It was constructed in 1866-1870 during the reign of His Majesty King Norodom.