0 Likes

r.Vologda. Spring tide.
Copyright: Dmitry-o-belov
Type: Spherical
Resolution: 15138x7569
Uploaded: 03/05/2012
Updated: 09/06/2012
Views:

...


Tags:
comments powered by Disqus

Alexey Yuzhakov
Kremlin, near monument KN Batyushkov
Alexey Yuzhakov
Kremlin area
Shusharin-EDA
Vologda
Aleksy Kirilovskiy
Kremlin Square
Dmitry Plavkov
Kremlin Square. Vologda
Алексей Попов
Vologda Kremlin 2
Shusharin-EDA
Vologda Kremlin
Alexey Yuzhakov
Vologda State Pedagogical University
Dmitry Levin
Chapel in the honor of Nativity of Christ
Dmitry Levin
Bridge of lovers
dmitry-o-belov
Maslenitsa hill
parusnik parusnik
горка вологда
Anton Tsarkov
Kolomna Palace - Porch
Marcio Cabral
Paepalanthus Galactic
Mohamed Attef
Inside White Whale Rock - White Desert
Ruediger Kottmann
Genoa - Piazza de Ferrari
John Wood
Goodyear ZNPK-28 Blimp Cockpit
Mohamed Attef
Cosmic Panorama of Aqaba Gulf Nuweiba
Andy Bryant
Lac Lerie Plateau Emparis France
Willy Kaemena
Rocky Mountaineer - Gold Leaf Service
Vincent Royer
Marly building, Provincial Ministry of Revenue - Quebec
Mohamed Attef
Mortuary Temple of Hatshepsut
Mark Peterson
View from the Eiffel tower
Salma ElDardiry
the elephant and the milkyway 02
dmitry-o-belov
Village Markovo At River Toshnya
dmitry-o-belov
Spaso-Prilutskiy Dmitriev monastery. Point 1.
dmitry-o-belov
Sizma. Church of St. Nicholas.
dmitry-o-belov
Sizma. Veteranov street.
dmitry-o-belov
Church of St. Nicholas. The narthex.
dmitry-o-belov
Road2sholpinskoe lake
dmitry-o-belov
Paramotor club on field
dmitry-o-belov
Lipin Bor. Old berth on the Beloe Lake
dmitry-o-belov
Road to Ozerki. Winter.
dmitry-o-belov
Holy spring near the chapel.
dmitry-o-belov
Река Двиница в п.Семигородней, вид на Семигороднюю
dmitry-o-belov
Podvorie na Pochinke, baking pancakes at the stake.
More About

Vologda was first mentioned in Novgorod chronicles for 1147, when Saint Gerasimus found a church and village already standing there. Surrounded by impassable woods, the settlement was inhabited by Novgorodians who pulled the ships from a tributary of theVolga to a tributary of the Northern Dvina, thus making possible navigation from the White Sea to the Caspian. In 1273 the city was ravaged by a Mongol raid. It was not until 1412, when the area was ceded by Novgorod Republic to Muscovy, that the town acquired any measure of importance. The princes of Muscovy made Vologda their outpost in the North. By the end of the century, Vologda eclipsed the ancient centre of that region, Belozersk. Its commercial importance further increased when the Muscovy Company started its operations in Russia.