0 Likes

Santuario del SS Crocifisso
Piedmont

The Sanctuary of SS Crocifisso is located in the Sacro Monte Calvario in Domodossola, Italy. Its construction began in 1657, and is the culmination of a complex composed of several Baroque chapels, telling the path of Jesus on the Via Sacra.

Copyright: Luis Marques
Type: Spherical
Resolution: 8000x4000
Uploaded: 28/07/2012
Updated: 13/05/2014
Views:

...


Tags: sanctuary; nature reserve; monte calvário; domodossola; piemonte; lombardia; italy
comments powered by Disqus

Luis Marques
Center Spiritualità Rosminiana
Luis Marques
Grotta di Lourdes
Davide Pizzigoni
Montecrestese - Locality Pontetto - St. Joseph Street
Davide Pizzigoni
Crevoladossola locality Oira - an alley
Davide Pizzigoni
Crevoladossola Locality Oira - An Alley
Davide Pizzigoni
Crevoladossola Locality Oira - Overview from the Church
Kay F. Jahnke
Passo Di Basagrana
Kay F. Jahnke
Punta Della Rossola
Kay F. Jahnke
Ridge from Mottac to Testa di Menta
Kay F. Jahnke
Pizzo Mottac 2010
Kay F. Jahnke
Pizzo Mottac
Davide Pizzigoni
Vogogna Locality Genestredo - An Alley
Bernd Kronmueller
Penrhyn Castle - Autumn colours
NT360 Sanal Tur
Arnavutkoy belediyesi tasoluk yesil camii avlu
Supasit Srisawathsak
Kaset Intersection Bangkok Flood 2011
Frank Ellmerich
Fishing Village
Magnus Andersen
Volkonskogo Gora, Peak, Antarctica
Antoine DUPRÉ
Le Hêtre Pleureur (1860) - Jardin botanique de Bayeux - HDR
Stefan Geens
Linotype machine, Naples, Italy
Kenneth Brandon
Wes in the Wood Shop
Charilaos Kalogirou
Old bridge at Boidomatis River
Tomáš Klíma
Colorful autumn
Thang Bui
Halong Bay 3
Werner Joemann
Hochsitz Im herbstlichen Wald Linnert, Haltern am See
Luis Marques
Oeiras Marine Walk
Luis Marques
Saas Fee - Tourist Office
Luis Marques
Elisabethenkirche
Luis Marques
St. Leodegar Church
Luis Marques
Casino Gardens
Luis Marques
San Carlo Church - Milan
Luis Marques
Regaleira Farm - Sintra
Luis Marques
Maggiore Lake
Luis Marques
The chapels of Rosary
Luis Marques
Furggstalden - Switzerland
Luis Marques
Albufeira Coastline 2
Luis Marques
St. Mauritiuskirche - Interior
More About Piedmont

The name Piedmont comes from medieval Latin Pedemontium, i. e. "ad pedem montium", meaning "at the foot of the mountains": Piedmont, whose capital is Turin, is surrounded on three sides by the Alps, including Monviso, where Po river rises, and Monte Rosa. It borders France, Switzerland and the Italian regions of Aosta Valley, Lombardy, Liguria and Emilia Romagna. Its history was linked for centuries to Savoy dynasty: since 1046 Piedmont was part of County of Savoy, raised to Duchy of Savoy in 1416, evolved in the eighteenth century into the Kingdom of Piedmont-Sardinia. The role of Piedmont for Italy's unification is comparable to the role of Prussia for Germany and his army was the engine of the unification process, ended with the creation of the Kingdom of Italy in 1861. The presence of Savoy in its territory bequeathed a large number of castles and residences. Lowland Piedmont is a fertile agricultural region, producing wheat, rice and maize and is one of the great winegrowing areas in Italy. The region contains major industrial centres: FIAT automobile plants in Turin, Ferrero's chocolate factories in Alba, tissue and silk manufactories in Biella, in Ivrea Olivetti was an important technology center, publishing in Turin and Novara.