Panorama by the water fountain in Schloss Hohenschwangau, Bavaria.
The fountain features a painting of Mary holding the baby Jesus. Below this are the coats of arms of Bayern and Schwangau. In the centre at the bottom of the painting is the fountain, which is modelled as a lion's head, with the water coming from its mouth.
Schloss Hohenschwangau was built by King Maximilian II of Bavaria. Construction started in 1832, with the majority of construction complete by 1837. The castle was used by the King as his Summer residence.
Today the castle acts as a museum / tourist attraction. Around 300,000 people visit the castle each year.