Sion Cathedral, or Cathedral of Notre-Dame du Glarier is located in Cathedral Square in Sion, Switzerland. The Cathedral of Notre-Dame du Glarier dates from the eleventh century, Roman cathedral that has not suffered any transformation until the XV century. In the early thirteenth century was built the Romanesque bell tower that still exists today. In 1403 with a fire the bell tower, and later burning and looting because of the wars, the cathedral was badly damaged. In the mid-fifteenth century, the early sixteenth century Gothic cathedral was built, which suffered several restorations over the centuries. In 1947-1948 the chancel was extended, as was created in the chapel of St. Andrew. The last restoration was in 1986.