Dating originally from about 1200, much of what you see now in the church of StEval is largely of the 15th century, although the north wall and transept are probably earlier. The tower was rebuilt and porch added in the 1720s and there was much restoration done in 1889. The 15th century wagon roof is original and has many finely carved bosses, seven of them featuring the 'green man'. The bench ends and remains of the rood screen in the north aisle are also 15th century. The Royal Arms on the north wall of the nave are probably of Charles II and were restored in the 18th century.
During the Second World War the church was the church of the local RAF station and there are various badges displayed on the church walls of squadrons that flew from the aerodrome in the parish. On the north wall there is a memorial to a Shackleton aircrew lost in North Borneo. The memorial was moved from RAF Changi with a font cover (that now in use) when the 205 Squadron withdrew from Singapore.