The church of St Issey was largely rebuilt in 1870-71 after the tower was struck by lightning in 1869 and collapsed. Amongst the few things remaining from the original medieval church are the reredos behind the altar, a Pietà, the font and the holy water stoup by the south door - all in Catacleuse stone. The stencilled decoration of the chancel is of particularly fine quality and dates to 1882. It was restored in the 1980s. The stencilling covers the walls, organ and roof and has been directly applied to the granite piers of the east end of the south arcade.