St James the Great Church is thought to date back to 14th. century. The main structure has changed very little since. In the 15th/16th centuries the walls of the north and south aisles were raised and extra windows added. The present roof and the stained glass windows are 19th century. The church has 7 fine bells, the oldest dating back to 1678. The bells are rung regularly each Sunday and for special services.