Enhances advertising, editorial, film, video, TV, Websites, and mobile experiences.
The parish church of St. Michael in Niederrotweil was first mentioned in 1157 but there is evidence that it goes back into the 8th century. It's situated on a rock that was surrounded by a branch of the rhine in former times and its thick walls shows that it was intended as a fortified church which could protect the community during wartimes.
It is built in romanesque style and it's in this region the oldest church keeping the oldest organ. It is famous for the frescos (from about 1350) that where uncovered in 1951 and its altar which was carved by master HL (presumable "Hans Loy" in about 1520, who carved the famous altar in the Münster of Breisach, too).