Enhances advertising, editorial, film, video, TV, Websites, and mobile experiences.
St Francis de Sales, at 47th Street and Springfield Avenue in West Philadelphia, has been a landmark since 1907 because of its Byazantine revival style domes, covered with striking yellow and white tiles. Unfortunately the tiling has been subject to repeated structural failures. The original tiles had to be covered with concrete in 1955, and their replacements have just recently been removed due to delamination and leakage. The church is now enveloped in an extensive system of scaffolding, part of which surrounds the Sanctuary in this picture. It is uncertain whether the Archdiocese will cover the costs of restoration, which are far more than the Parish can afford.