The water tower is a secessionist industrial historic building that determines the appearance of Szeged. It is the first - still functioning - watertower constructed from reinforced concrete in the country. It was built in secessionist style between 1903 and 1904 according to the plans of Dr. Zielinszki Szilárd (1860-1924) who was the first Hungarian doctor of technical sciences and the introducer of the construction with reinforced concrete. Korb Flóris and Griegl Kálmán were his architects. Thanks to the builders, Feund Henrik and Sons, the water tower with a capacity of 1,000 m3 is still working today.
The water tower opens its gates in front of visitors year by year. During the last years tens of thousands of guests climbed up the spiral stairs leading up to the terraces. Those visiting it could get acquainted with the past and present of the tower and take delight in the sight of the city.