Caesarea is a town in Israel located mid-way between Tel Aviv and Haifa, on the Israeli coastal plain near the city of Hadera.
Caesarea lay in ruins until the nineteenth century, when the village of Qisarya the Arabic name for Caesarea) was established in 1884 by Bushnaks (Bosnyaks) - Muslim immigrants from Bosnia, who built a small fishing village on the ruins of the Crusader fortress on the coast.
It was populated in 1884 by Muslim Bosnyak immigrants, who settled in a small fishing village.
In 1940, kibbutz Sdot Yam was established next to the Bosnyak village. After receiving word of the Deir Yassin massacre during the 1947–1948 Civil War in Mandatory Palestine, the town was abandoned by the Bosnyak residents. In 1952 a Jewish town of Caesarea established near the ruins of the old city, which were made into the national park of Caesarea Maritima.