Projections and Nav Modes
  • Normal View
  • Fisheye View
  • Architectural View
  • Stereographic View
  • Little Planet View
  • Panini View
Click and Drag / QTVR mode
Share this panorama
For Non-Commercial Use Only
This panorama can be embedded into a non-commercial site at no charge. Read more
Do you agree to the Terms & Conditions?
For commercial use, contact us
Embed this Panorama
For Non-Commercial Use Only
For commercial use, contact us
License this Panorama

Enhances advertising, editorial, film, video, TV, Websites, and mobile experiences.



The Dominicans
This church was dedicated in 1839 and had the portico added in 1861. The architect Kearn Deane, delivered the project free of charge, even thought he himself wasn't a Catolic. This fine pieces of architecture has six fluted lonic columns supporting a pediment surmounted by statue of Our Lady, created by James Cahill from Dublin. The building is constructed mostly of white limestone. The interior features sixteen fluted pillars alongthe nave and sanctuary. There are alco four red 3,5 metre pillars of polished Aberdeen granite. The altar is adorned with a 14th century statue of Our Lady of the Graces which reportedly Has miraculous powers. This fairly small statue originated in northern France and is said to have arrived in Irelad in the 15th century, floating in a log into Youghal harbour , where it remained until was taken to St. Marys.
Copyright: Mariusz Kalinowski
Type: Spherical
Resolution: 7324x3662
Taken: 23/11/2011
Uploaded: 23/11/2011
Updated: 25/03/2015


comments powered by Disqus
More About Ireland